Class
Reflection
The three blogs I consider were my best
pieces of writing were blogs #9,13,15. This is because in the beginning of the
semester my writing skills weren’t good enough but now I have excelled in my
writing. These blogs reflect my ability to write not only about different
perspectives but real life issues.
It is better to write online
because I can type a lot quicker. The organization is better than handwriting.
In addition, it was easier for me to have access to a dictionary online then by
looking for the word in the dictionary, since all I have to do is type it in.
Writing blogs helped me a lot because it made my writing skills stronger. It
was a hard process since there were so many of them to write. It showed me that
I am capable of writing many interesting works. To me this was an individual
activity but sometimes when I needed help this was a shared experience for the
person that was helping me and myself. When I finished my blogs or needed to
add more information I read other student’s blogs. This showed me the different
perspectives individuals have on different subjects. It even helped me favor
one side more than the other when it came to agreeing or disagreeing. I never
thought about someone reading my blog. It doesn’t affect me in any way since
everyone has their own opinion on various topics.
From this class I learned that writing is the key to
everything. Throughout life you will need to use writing. It is needed in all
my subjects that I take. The blogs really helped me to understand the real life
issues that make an impact on today’s society. The main lesson is to never give
up only keep pushing yourself to you reach your goal. I wanted the class to be
more focused on grammar and punctuation. This is because I am a student that has
trouble with English since it is my second language and I believe that many
students in the class had the same problem. This class taught me how to write
essays, summaries, and even map my ideas out. When I started the course I
didn’t know what a summary even was. Writing my thoughts in an organized way
was not necessary in my eyes. The food unit was memorable to me. It showed me
that what may seem good to us is not really good. It opened my eyes to new
experiences. Now I drink tap water and eat healthier. I even look at labels
before buying a food related item. I would recommend any students to take only
this class especially if you are working. Don’t try to take any other courses
since all the assignments take a big amount of time to complete. Since I am a
full-time student it sometimes took me till 2am to finish various assignments.
I recommend Dr. Ximena Gallardo who is an amazing and funny teacher, because
she makes the class very interesting. It seems as if she drinks big amounts of
energy drinks since she is always energetic. If you don’t pass the CAT-W then
its not the professors fault because she helps you from beginning to end just
to prepare you. I hope I will pass because I have been studying every night by
reviewing my notes. J
Wow. What a thoughtful reflection! I will seriously check how to help students with their grammar some more.
ReplyDeleteAre you having trouble posting the final project on the blog? Why did you send it to me via e-mail?
ReplyDelete