THE PERFECT WORLD
Seahaven can be related to New York itself. Of course, we live in
a big city with crowded and littered streets not in a suburban area, but we all
are followed and watched by hundreds of cameras every day. We don’t think about
or realize it, but based on our credit cards, phones and Internet anyone can be
capable of interfering with our social and personal life. I once watched a
television show where one volunteer agreed to give access to her credit cards
and Facebook account. I was surprised on how much information someone can pull
out. For example where you were born, how many children do you have, what’s
your favorite music, food and many other personal information. The easiest way
to track someone down is through a phone. Many don’t notice that communication
devices have a location application built in which helps them be located by
many individuals. So how is our world different than Cristof’s? The only
difference is that my neighbors aren’t so friendly, and we all don’t live in
beautiful houses.
If I had the chance to choose
between Cristof’s world and the world that I live in now I would choose
Cristof’s. I would rather live in a world where people are nice to each other,
have jobs and where there is no place for sickness and homelessness, where you
don’t have to worry that you are going to loose your job or someone from your
family will die of cancer. The Seahaven life can be compared to the American
Dream. Everyone is happy and there is no wrong. The actors and actresses appear
to lead a perfect life. This is the life I would like to live even though
nothing or no one is perfect. Besides what’s wrong with an ideal sunset every
day?
Anna mentioned " Everyone is happy and there is no wrong. The actors and actresses appear to lead a perfect life. This is the life I would like to live even though nothing or no one is perfect. Besides what’s wrong with an ideal sunset every day? . I can relate and I think it's true because nothing is wrong with living in a world thats perfect and safe.I wish today world was like that because it would be more peaceful,no stereotypes between gender, ethics ,race and more.
ReplyDeleteGood arguments--it almost makes me want to live in such a world.
ReplyDelete